Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Are we ready to get confused with politics?
For over a year, I have traveled looking for characters and topics to inspire from to write my first novel. I have then studied and read about human behavior in society. Then finally in the back of my head I was able to filed out some of those encounters with the subject, and found groups formed by the interaction among individuals. This interaction leads us to decide whether to have a simple life, a mediocre life or just whatever version we get to have.
At the conclusion of my journey I have discovered a complexity but yet flexible patterns that makes the world just spin around. Work the way it does. From the weather influencing the spirit of the people, to religious wars, the world goes unstoppable. We go to work, we get a girlfriend or maybe cancer, and then we buy a house, the cat dies and the world moves on.
Laszlo Barabasi called it links. Links that unites us and connects us. Wherever we are.
And after all this time I have come to the conclusion that this phenomena is so complex that the mind of an average character of the worlds stage will never even dream of reaching. It would be like a mouse reaching the peanut treat on the head of the elephant. Just a few will actually be able to reach it.
The more I get informed about the world, the lonelier we get.
After a few years of waking on earth is funny to say that I still feel like an alien in my hometown. Discovering my homeland with a "ham satellite" in a far away land. We must see each other on a mirror and most of all unite on a universal code, perhaps in a new definition of “almost utopia”But yet the poor signal is interrupted. How can we know that what we see is true? We cannot change the world. How could we, if we have to live attached to it? How could we take the right decision, if our mirror, is the television, controlled by others, destined for us to chew and easy digest?
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
I woke up today and everything is so screwed up. Thinking about many things at once, plus the stupid hand over from last night. No matter how many friends, or clothes or things you can accumulate, life with it bitchy mood come to kick you in the balls.
Such is life; we cancel plans and sail into the void. The black hole that surrounds us sometimes and does not let us see straight. It interrupts us
I will have to stay in Italy, and who knows when I’ll be able to start with the list. I thought I was going to be able to manage at least a few for the next months, but the words are not coming out of my mouth to reality as easy. It happens. It doesn’t happen that easy.
I will stay in Italy longer than expected.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Photo by J.HoLden.S.
I just had an idea. Grabbing my old sketchbooks, I found a very interesting thing to do. I found a list; a precious list of things I want to do for the next two years. Let’s see if I can make it happen. I will be giving up stories about everything I will do, starting today. I have no money, some of these things are crazy but others are just completely easy to do. I guess such us life. Stick around if you want to see me driving this spaceship.
1. Ride a hot air balloon.
2. Swim with calm sharks.
3. Witness a sunset in the desert.
4. Learn how to ride a motorcycle.
5. Take a Helicopter ride around the city.
6. Stay up all night in an extreme party in New York.
7. Meet and love an important character of Modern Times.
8. Jump in a clear blue reef.
9. Ride a Black Cadillac in Vegas.
10. Ride on a camel, an elephant and an ostrich.
11. Make my own wine bottle.
12. Be part on a theatre or movie production
13. Go to “The Beach” in Thailand and to Butterfly reef.
14. Help Animals in risk of Extinction.
15. Watch an Aurora borealis or an Iceberg.
16. Swim in Lake Michigan
17. Kiss a stranger in Rio de Janeiro.
18. Dance in a fountain under the Moon, like Silvia on the Fellini Movie.
19. Talk to a Real Geisha.
20. Watch a “Cirque du Soleil” show.
21. Go to the Opera to see Swan Lake.
22. Hear the voice of God in India.
23. Touch a Pyramid.
24. Be head over heals in Machu Pichu.
25. Buy a sacred good luck item in Cairo.
26. Go to a salted dessert.
27. Watch the Cherry blossoms fall in a real Japanese garden.
28. Meet a real guru or spiritual guide and be blessed.
29. Hang out with rock stars for one night.
30. Run in a Marathon.
31. Learn how to surf.
32. Watch the Blue Whales sing.
33. See a tiger in the snow.
34. Make friends with an important Criminal
35. Inspire a person to go on with living.
36. Win a poker tourney in Vegas
37. Do snowboarding.
38. Ride on a real submarine.
39. Have breakfast at Tiffanies.
40. Make street art in Barcelona.
41. Dance to tribal tunes. Learn a song in Japanese.
42. Create an art piece that will be on an important museum of the world.
43. Watch a grizzly bear while fishing salmons up north.
44. Participate on a “Lucha libre” match.
45. Ride a Gondola in Venice.
46. Make love on a train.
47. Learn to cook a dish from every country and city I visit.
48. Skate on a frozen Lake or get inside of an igloo.
49. Ride a canoe in Hawaii or Bali.
50. Sing Karaoke for Total Strangers.
51. Visit my friends in Israel and see.
52. Publish my first Novel.
This is a Kunstlerin life. Simple. In the meantime I will keep on writing my brains out, like a bullet. I made some editing of course. Mostly becuase the real list I made it on the train like 2 months ago.